Friday, November 7, 2008

Long week...

Poor Teagan is so exhausted from her long week. We had to go in on Tuesday to have her bili levels drawn and we discovered that her level had only gone down one point since we left the hospital 7 weeks ago. My doctor made me stop nursing for 48 hours to determine if this was just breast milk jaundice. I was really bummed, but new it was best to figure out if it was indeed from the breast milk. Teagan's tummy did not handle the formula well at all and was so constipated. It broke my heart watching her strain to pass a bm - you could tell she was very uncomfortable. Today we did the test again and her levels were down so we were given the ok to get back to nursing! The only good thing to come from this draining situation is that I have OODLES of milk in my freezer! Since we got the news this afternoon Teagan has pooped several times and is back to her happy self!


I promised "eye" pictures.... here you go.


The weather has been so nice the past few days! We have loved getting out in the sunshine. This wsa the first time I put her in the stroller with the seat propped up a little. She looked like such a big girl... melt my heart!


Wide awake watching the mobile!


This is horrible picture, but the room was dark and she was on my lap. I have been trying to get a photo of how she sleeps now. She is ALWAYS tucking her arm up under her chin like in this photo. It's so funny.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love seeing the new photos!! I bet she is a happy camper to get her food back to normal!!
Love you~
Mom

Kori said...

She looks super!! Those pictures in the stroller she looks so old! And I don't think she looks yellow at all in those pictures!!

Nikki said...

soooo cute.

Anonymous said...

I do believe i see a bit of Ted in the stroller pics!! and the color of the outdoor photos.. Much better!! almost pink!!! Makes nurse Miriam happy!!She looks so cuddly.. i cant stand it!